Monday, August 6, 2012

Second Amen Dementia

Loyal readers of this blog may recall that I post poetry here on occasion. I still do most of my poetry over on MySpace, yes, believe it or not, and I posted this one over there a few days ago, but thought that I'd include it here on Blog Time Passing as well.  I wrote this after the shooting in Aurora (see my previous post, What to Blame for the Colorado Shooting?) and posted it on MySpace shortly before the reports came in about the shooting in the Sikh Temple near Milwaukee, Wisconsin, and that coincidence certainly gives me pause.  So anyway, here goes:




Second Amen Dementia



I have to write with bare arms
Amen! Amen!
I have a right arm that's bare
as a matter of fact
and so is the other one
I have two bare arms
That's right!  That's right!
Nothing up my sleeve
and losing my shirt
who wouldn't give a right arm
to have half a loaf
even withered with forgetfulness?

Do I babble on? Yes I do!
Say Amen! once, say Amen! twice and then
second the motion!
And now the second emanation:

Second emend meant no harm
but
I have the right to bear harms
in harm's own way
Bullseye! Bullseye!

Second Amen! dimension
did I happen to mention
Flatland?  Hey, Abbott!
Holy! Holy!
Loop de loop!

Second omen, damn it!
I have the right to bar arms
I don't have to bear them
Second Amen!  Demand it!
You have the right to bare arms and legs
Amen! Amen!
You have the right to bare torso and head
Amen! Amen!
You have the right to bear children
Amen! Amen!
You have the right



 

No comments: