Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Blogism

So, today I am writing from Boulder, from the home of Larry Frey, Professor of Communication at the University of Colorado, Boulder. Larry is kindly putting me up for a couple of days and I'm doing a talk at his school tomorrow, and another at Naropa University tomorrow, courtesy of their new Academic Vice-President Stuart Sigman. This morning I took a shuttle bus from Colorado Springs to Denver, and had a lovely lunch with Frank Dance (one of the greats in the field of communication), Dennis Gallagher (communication scholar and presently Auditor for the City of Denver, running for re-election--Vote Gallagher!), and Karen Lollar (a professor at Metropolitan State College of Denver).

Is this information blog-worthy? Of course it is entirely up to me, so I am asking the question of myself. After all, I don't intend to keep a running record of all of my day-to-day activities. Granted, these are not routine events, but neither are they especially interesting, along the lines of "man bites dog." How am I to determine the blog-worthiness of any particular item? If writing journals eventually evolved into journalism, will blogging blogs someday give us blogism? Will it be taught in colleges, will there be a Columbia School of Blogism?

1 comment:

KVSSNrao said...

Mr Lance Strate

Can you suggest some topics for the subject Blogism.

We may initiate the subject development that way.

http://b-w-news.blogspot.com/