Friday, May 11, 2007

Battlestar Galactica Finalized

A little more than a week ago, in a post entitled Battlestar Galactica Finale, I went through all the signs and came to the following conclusion:

Season Four of Battlestar Galactica will be the last. I go on record with this prediction: 2008 will bring the series finale for Battlestar Galactica. Remember that you read it here first. I am not saying that I want to see the series end, mind you, but I would rather see it bring the story to its conclusion than leave it hanging or inflate it until it bursts. And it seems as if the creators of Battlestar Galactica have too much integrity and sense to do that, and for that I applaud them.


Well, I didn't expect my prediction to be confirmed so quickly, but in a report on IESB.net dated May 10, 2007 you can find the following:

Edward James Olmos and Katee Sackhoff Confirm Final Season of Battlestar Galactica!!!

Written by Stephanie Sanchez

Thursday, 10 May 2007

The IESB attended the 33rd Annual Saturn Awards today in Universal City and spoke with both Edward James Olmos and Katee “Starbuck” Sackhoff of Battlestar Galactica fame.

When asked about the next season of Battlestar, Olmos had this to say, “This will probably be the most extraordinary season of Battlestar, it’s the final season so, it’s definitely going to be the most vicious.”

IESB: Final?

Olmos: You heard it first.

IESB: Are you serious?

Olmos: Very much so.

IESB: I want to go cry, I know they were talking about the Caprica spinoff, is there a possibility of that then?

Olmos: That’s up to them, I have no idea, but as far as we know, in respects of the way we have this show constructed, this is the final season.

IESB: Wow.

Olmos: So enjoy it while it’s here.

Say it ain’t so Katee! A bit later, we caught Katee Sackhoff on the red carpet and asked for a comment.

IESB: Eddie just gave me some earth shattering news.

Katee: Hmmm.

IESB: It made me want to go inside and cry.

Katee: Did you hear that Battlestar might not go anymore?

IESB: What the fuck is wrong, what’s going on?!

Katee: Yeah, this might be, this may be our last year. If Eddie is saying it, I guess I can repeat it.

IESB: I was like, what’s wrong with these people?

Katee: I think part of the problem is that it’s an expensive show.

IESB: But it’s a great show.

Katee: It is, but we don’t have the viewership that a great show should get.

IESB: They should put it on NBC.

Katee: They should, but then how would I do the Bionic Woman at the same network, to be jumping back and forth, we have to keep it a little separate right now.

We have more from Katee and Eddie via red carpet video interviews coming soon but for now, take this as it is, may Battlestar rest in peace.



So, there you have it. A bit of the old magic ecology.

btw, Lost recently announced that they would wrap things up, after 3 more seasons! some folks never learn...

No comments: