Thursday, July 1, 2010

Making Healthy Media Choices

So, I was interviewed by Mary Rothschild of Healthy Media Choices for the program she airs on WVEW, Brattleboro Community Radio in Vermont.  The interview was taped at Fordham University, in the studios of our own station, WFUV (thank you very much), and was broadcast on June 8th.  I was very happy with the way that it turned out, especially since I wasn't at my best, health-wise, and was in a little bit of pain in fact, when we were taping (see my previous posts, A Minor Medical Mystery and Causation or Coincidence?).

So, anyway, the interview has been archived as a podcast by Mary Rothschild on two different sites, Healthy Media Choices which is devoted to media literacy and education and helping parents to cope with the overwhelming media environment that they and their children are immersed in, and Witness for Childhood, which a faith-based website that offers Progressive Perspectives on Media, Technology, and the Development of Young Children.  So go ahead, click on either of the links above, or both, and give us a listen, if you haven't already.

The interview is pretty wide-ranging, but centers on media literacy, with significant discussion about general semantics throughout.  And towards the end, the conversation turns to a discussion of religion and spirituality, based in part on my role as a Trustee of Congregation Adas Emuno, with emphasis on a progressive approach to those topics.

I really do think that the interview turned out well, and worthwhile--it was certainly a healthy choice to do it, even if my health wasn't 100%.  So, I hope you enjoy this bit of media, if you choose to check it out.

No comments: