Monday, February 9, 2009

Louis CK "Everything's amazing, nobody's happy"

So, Shelley Postman sent me an email forwarding the link to this video, which she had received from her son Andrew (and hey Andy, why wasn't I included on your distribution list, huh, huh?). I myself am not familiar with this comedian, Louis CK, but I will most definitely be checking him out after seeing this clip. It's about 4 minutes, taken from an appearance on Conan O'Brien, and the sentiment is perfectly in tune with Neil Postman and media ecology in general. And to be honest, I have had thoughts along these lines, especially concerning the improbability of being in a big heavy metal object way up in the sky, on numerous occasions. So, here's the link to the site it appears on, it isn't youtube you see, but heck, I'll give you the video itself, why, because I like you, and want you to enjoy it here and now, without undue delay, in fact why are you still reading this when you could be watching, huh, huh, huh???

Louis CK "Everything's amazing, nobody's happy"






Still laughing? I know I am.

2 comments:

Robert K. Blechman said...

So true. Every now and then I get an email detailing how things have change just in our lifetimes. I think that the Media Ecology contribution to Louis CK's comments is that gratitude isn't the sole response we should adopt toward technological innovations. Being able to fly to California in 5 hours rather traveling on foot for "30 years" changes expectations about human relations, jobs, urban design and a myriad of other things. A more complete conversation would include not just what we have gained (no more dialing zeros!) but also what we have lost (my phone bill this month is $100).

Bruce Kodish said...

It seems like Louis C.K. has become Louis A.K.*

Congratulations, Louis! Welcome to happiness!

--from another A.K.




*Yiddish Abbreviation for "Alter Kocker" See "Talking Jewish at http://members.tripod.com/talk_jewish/id19.htm